Last weekend was my son’s 5th birthday party and being a child of 5 years of age he absolutely loves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Each Sunday morning we watch the classic 80’s cartoon version on television, much like I did when I was his age.
When it came time to choose the theme for his birthday party it was a pretty quick decision to go with the Ninja Turtles, and upon reflection it’s a pretty easier but really effective theme to go with.
If your interested in this theme for your child or for you here are some things you can do to create to add some Turtle power to the party:
- Green plastic cups dressed with coloured ribbon bands and eyes for drinks, or to hold thank you lollies for your guests.
- If you like Lemonade or Sprite dress the green bottles up with coloured crepe paper and eyes.
- Green hanging lanterns dressed with coloured crepe paper and eyes
- Green table cloth on all the tables.
- Hang a green plastic table cloth over the entrance door for your party and dress with colour streamers and eyes. Your guests will definitely know that this is where the party is at.
- Green apples dressed with coloured crepe paper and eyes. The kids loved these and it also provided a health option as a snack.
- My wife also made masks for us and all of the guest so that everyone could be their favourite Ninja Turtle on the day.
- Food wise we ordered pizza because that’s what Ninja Turtles like to eat.
- Green, Red, Blue, Purple and Orange balloons.
Here are some photos from the day to give you some inspiration.
Finally I’d like to just thank my wife Lauren who was the creative mind behind my sons awesome 5th birthday. If you’d like to get in touch with her to find out more please leave a comment in this post or contact her via twitter – @laurenhyett.